Mr. M explains....Placing Holds
What is it?
When you place an item on hold, you'll be notified when it becomes available for you, saving you the time of having to repeatedly call or visit the library to see if it's available. For the quickest notification, sign up for e-notices; otherwise, notices will be sent via postal mail.
How do I place a hold
- Find the item you want in the catalog.
- Click the Place Hold link, usually located below the picture of the item's cover. (If there is no Place Hold link, please ask Library staff for assistance.)
- On the "Place Hold" page, enter the full barcode number, without spaces, from the back of your library card.
- Enter your PIN: unless you have previously changed it, your PIN is the last four digits of your home phone number (you can check or change your PIN at the Check-Out Desk).
- If you're going on vacation or for any other reason would prefer not to have your hold filled during a certain period of time, you can enter starting and ending dates for the period in the Suspension area. If the item becomes available for you during this time, your hold will be skipped and will instead be filled the first time the item is returned after the end of the suspension period. (If the item becomes available before the start of the suspension period, the suspension is ignored.)
- Click the green Place Hold button to place your hold.
Placing a hold will also log you in to your personal account. Be sure to click the Logout / Clear My Searches link in the green navigation bar to log out when you're done.
If you have any questions about placing holds, just ask my friends at the Reference Services Desk or the Youth Services Desk!
Close this window and return to the catalog